How To Set Up Instagram Business Profile
Updated: Oct 1, 2019
Instagram is a place where visual expression from business inspires visible action from people around the world.
🔹25 million business profiles worldwide
🔹60% of people say they discover new products on Instagram
🔹80% increase in time spent watching video on Instagram
🔹200 million Instagrammers visit at least one business profile daily
If you don't have an Instagram account or just personal Instagram account, it's time to create or convert it to Business Account following these simple steps:
1. Download the app from Apple Store, Google Play or Windows Phone Store
Once the app is installed on your phone, tap to open it.
2. Tap sign up and enter your email or tap Long in with Facebook to sign up with your Facebook account.
3. Choose username and password and fill information in your profile. There is a post about how to optimize your business profile here.)
4. Choose an account name, ideally your business name, that's easily tied to your brand. Keep it short. The limit for usernames is 30 characters.
5. Tap Done.
6. Tap on your profile icon to go to your profile
7. Tap the three lines icon on the top right of your phone screen then tap Setting at the bottom of it.
8. Tap switch to Business Profile and then Continue
9. If you want to connect your Instagram business account with your Facebook page, you can do at this step, just simply follow their instruction on the screen. We recommend to do this. This will make it easier to use all the features available for business. Keep in mind that there is only one Facebook Page can be connected to your Instagram business account at this time. So make sure to choose the one you want to connect with.
10. You must add your contact information: Website, Email, phone, address if you have a physical address so people can get in touch with you easily. Also create a short description of your business on Bio section. You can include relevant hashtags to make your business more discoverable or add emojis to describe it visually.
11. Tap Done.
Make sure you add a profile photo. It's good to have the same profile photo across all your social media accounts. We recommend using your business's logo or a graphic symbol. Your image will be cropped into a circle and appear as a small 150 x 150 pixel icon.
When you use Instagram for business, you gain access to several profile features not available to personal accounts such as:
🔹Get real-time metrics on how your stories and promoted posts perform throughout the day.
🔹Get insights into your followers and how they interact with your posts and stories.
🔹Add information about your company, such as business hours, location and phone number.
These tools can help you better understand who is engaging with your business on Instagram.